Sunday, March 21, 2010

Is she the coffee brand that she drinks???


Is she the coffee brand that she drinks???

In the process of doing some research for this article I posted a status update on my FaceBook page which stated, "You can tell a lot about a woman by the brand coffee she drinks. If she comprises taste, what else will she compromise?" The response was somewhat defensive by my female friends and rightfully so. I didn't clarify what I really meant. The real intentions of the status update was more about the compromise of "taste" in a woman's choice of a mate and not really about "coffee".

You see in my 2 years as a traditional entertainment blogger I have often experimented with several pieces on relationships that have assisted in growing my female base. I have gained quite a reputation for "shock value" with my work surrounding topics on relationships, Love, Lifestyle, controversial infidelity, and especially SEX! In my never ending quest to earn the badge as "Sheriff of Shock", I want you to know that I only intend to entertain and never to offend. With those ground rules in place, I think it's time that we proceed.

In my brief research on the coffee bean I discovered that there are two types of commercial beans, the robusta and arabica. Of the two beans the robusta bean packs more of a caffeine punch per bean than it's cousin the arabica. I also found out that the way the beans are roasted also determines the potency of the caffeine content per serving. Roasting is also a distinguishing factor in the caffeine. The darker the roast, the less caffeine a brewed cup will have. Lastly, the brewing process adds to the punch of caffeine per serving as well. a regular brewing will naturally have less caffeine per ounce than an espresso.

Ok DG, I know you're asking yourself what does all of this have to do with a woman's choice of a mate? Well as a self proclaimed honorary doctor in women studies (100+ relationships under my belt, easily. Lol) I felt it was time to connect the strength of the caffeine in the coffee of choice and the strength of the mate chosen by this same woman. You see, much like the caffeine in the coffee adds the level of "boost" desired by the female consumer to be productive throughout her day, so should her mate of choice. In my personal opinion, I have witnessed woman enter the coffee house I frequent and order a conservative cup of joe where as others add a shot or two of espresso. The thought then hit me, if the coffees being ordered were likened to a relationship, which one would add more support to the woman entering the stressful workforce?

Much like the caffeine found in the robusta coffee bean mentioned earlier, so do you have men who bring strength and support to the relationship. This type of man, we will call "Man A." for identification purposes. Man A. is the type of man who will bring a pie to the table as opposed to dividing an existing pie. He is financially stable, confident, and well equipped with the tools necessary to support his woman. This man is often physically fit, highly educated, refined, cultured, & well traveled. This type of conditioning can be likened to the roasting and brewing process of the coffee beans mentioned earlier.

On the other hand we have "Man B" much like the arabica coffee bean, overall weaker in strength and ability to motivate his female mate. Man B tends to divide the existing pie rather than bringing a pie to the table. His process is often a process of "cutting corners" and his end result is a lower quality production. Man B can be found in more places than Man A, and is often chosen simply for convenience purposes. Man B is often unrefined, uncultured, uneducated, & has rarely left his immediate environment. Again, this type of conditioning can be likened to the roasting and brewing process of the coffee beans mentioned earlier.

In closing, the choice of coffee much like that of a mate seems quite simple but can be more complex without getting to know what you allow to enter your body. Please do your do-diligence to make an educated and informed decision about the strength of the mate and what he brings to the table.


Readers, I solicit your feedback so please feel free to leave a
debatable comment in the comment section below.


;)


Follow me on Twitter
@DonGhotti



No comments: